Saturday, February 1, 2014

The End of Grammar

Or is it just the beginning?  At any rate, this is the last week we'll be learning specific grammar principles.  I think this is one of the few instances where I don't really enjoy something that I can do pretty well.  I guess attention to detail helps with that kind of stuff.  Some of the rules are a little harder to keep track of; i.e., rules concerning numbers or who vs. whom (seriously, why did they even make whom; it makes people sound like butlers).  Even though grammar isn't really an interest of mine (or of most people for that matter), I still can't help but like forming sentences while knowing all the structural things I'm doing.  That being said, I really need to study this stuff.  I have this really bad habit of putting things off (which anybody checking what time I submitted this could probably have guessed), which has caused me some trouble.  I guess I should just thank my lucky stars that this is stuff that I'm somewhat familiar with from middle school and high school.  Drat, sometimes I have trouble coming up with stuff to write.  My younger brother sends these very large mass-emails from Bolivia, while my missionary emails were barely any longer than this paragraph.  I also tend to write stream of consciousness (basically meaning that I write whatever enters into my head).  Though in my defense, we've been doing a lot of the same stuff for a while.  Anyway thanks for reading and commenting.

1 comment:

  1. Your voice is very interesting. Keep writing and explaining. Thanks for the post.

    Hudson

    ReplyDelete