How is this going to work?
We didn't have class, and we're supposed to write about stuff we learn in MCom. Were we supposed to evaluate our strengths and weaknesses in presenting? I thought that was last week? Unfortunately, I'm not that great at improvisation, so I might not find that much to say this week.
The formatting stuff from last class was really interesting to me. I don't know if I really thought about sentence and paragraph length so much, but it can really make papers easier to read. That illustration in class really made the point clear. The example was of this long email with huge paragraphs dealing with logistics. Through numbering and shortening paragraphs, it suddenly became easier to read. These kinds of things seem easy to learn but can have a huge effect on your credibility.
Presentation, on the other hand, does not come as easily to me. I can tell that Professor Middleton is a master presenter. She presents with energy, clarity, relevant content, and sincerity. I think I found the things she mentioned as asides to be the most interesting things. I think the biggest thing I need is confident. I usually research pretty well and prepare in advance, but I'm not that great at eye contact or enthusiastic tone. I also stutter occasionally. That being said, I guess this class wouldn't have much use if I already knew everything.
There's probably more I could say, but I'm drawing a blank. As ever, thanks for reading and commenting.
Nathan, Glad to see you remembered to post this week! I too had a bit of a hard time trying to come up with something to post. I think you did a good job in your post.
ReplyDeleteI like what you said about formatting. I learned a lot too. I am usually so caught up with the content I am writing but the first important thing is how it looks visually. Only when it looks good visually will people be more likely to read the content.
ReplyDelete